Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Kids in the Kitchen/Try it Tuesday

I mentioned in my meal plan post that I intend to start a Try it Tuesday and also double this as my Kids in the Kitchen day. This a daring task for me, the kitchen is my space and I don't like people "messing" with things while I'm cooking!

For lunch we made homemade pizza, and of course I forgot to take pictures of the process and the end result, but here are the uncooked pizzas.

For supper we made baked potatoes, steamed mixed veggies, and mini meatloaves (I have honestly never made a meatloaf before!).

Rylan washed and "poked" the potatoes.

Alyssa helped me mix up the meatloaf.

The finished product, and boy were they good!  

The recipe is one that I wrote down a long time ago from one of my Kraft "What's Cooking" magazines. It was something like this:
-1lb hamburger.
-1 pkg. stuffing mix.
-1/2c chopped onion.
-1 c. shredded marble cheese.
Combine and place in muffin tins.

Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, brush with:
-1 c. barbeque sauce (I used Kraft Garlic Barbeque sauce)
-1 tbsp brown sugar.

Bake for an additional 10 minutes.

So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment